Monday, February 17, 2014

Catch-Up Monday: Coming and Going

Good morning! Welcome to Catch-Up Monday where we catch up after the weekend.  Happy President's Day too!

It was a busy weekend for me. I had to be at Mardel Christian and Education store at 9:00 a.m. Saturday for a Vacation Bible School presentation. This is where local churches meet, and representatives from different Christian publishers present their officerings for the upcoming Vacation Bible School season. I was there with my pastor, his wife, and another Sunday School teacher. We really had fun with the new stuff, and I am hopeful that I have convinced them to go out on a limb and try something a little new and different this year. I'll keep you posted on that.

Saturday afternoon was spent getting ready for Sunday, house work, and keeping Katherine going on her projects (homework and room cleaning). Oh, and I finished the clock! I'll share that with you Thursday. Saturday evening, we had to take the 30 minute drive to Liberty to go to my niece's twelth birthday party, which was held at a Sleep Inn because they have a nice indoor water slide. Ed and I didn't swim, because frankly, we were both too tired, but Katherine had a great time, and I think my niece really enjoyed her birthday.

Sunday morning, about 6:30, the phone rang. It was Ed's work, asking him to come in. After explaining to the new manager that normally the answer would be "no", because he teaches Sunday School (and has worked really hard to get to the point where he dosen't have to work on Sunday), he said he would do it THIS TIME, because the manager was new, and he was going to be super short-handed on a Sunday morning. So, Ed got up and got ready to go to work. About the time he left, I got up,  and as I usually do after I get my coffee, I checked my email for any new posts from Caring Bridge. There was one that said our dear friend Betty had gone to meet the Lord, shortly after midnight. I called Ed and told him, then I made some other calls, and posted the news on our Church's facebook page.

I also ditched my plans for Sunday school, or at least postponed them until next week. You see, the class I teach (5-6 grade), was Betty's class until she got sick. No one could tell me for sure how long she had taught that class, but it was at least 30 years. Those kids love her, and she loved them. So, we spent our Sunday School time taking about, and remembering, Miss Betty. The youth choir sang during the service so we didn't have choir practice after church.

I planned to come home and take a nap, but I started looking through VBS material and crunching some numbers, and by the end of the afternoon, I had what I think is a pretty solid idea of how much money making some changes is going to cost us. Sadly, that is usually the deciding factor. I have, however, already talked to several people who are willing to help in that department. So again, I am hopeful.

Ed got home about 4:45, which gave him just enough time to shower and change before we headed back to church. Our evening service had a few technical glitches, but over all it went well. My friend and co-coordinator of the Sunday evening program, had brought in pizza and that was a big hit. However, by the end of the evening, it wasn't sitting very well with me, and hen I got home, after a short conversation with my dad, I went to bed.

I'm feeling better this morning, and am already working on some things for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day!

See ya tomorrow!

Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment