Thursday, February 27, 2014

Repurposed Thursday: Notebook Calendar

Welcome to Repurposed Thursday!

First I have to give a shout out to my oldest son, James, who is 27 today! Happy Birthday honey!

Do you have things in your house that you keep, but you don't really know why?  I do.  Like this notebook (aka loose leaf binder). It was given to me somewhere along the line, and I really don't have a use for it, but it was too good to throw out. I suppose I could have donated it to Goodwill or our church yard sale, but that never occured to me until now.

Today, still working on getting my house in order, sorting papers, and generally trying to figure out where I am going to put everything, I was once again confronted with the notebook. I opened it to take the few papers that were in it out, and it hit me: I knew what to do with it!

I went to the computer to see if I could find downloadable calendar pages. Well, of course I could, so I printed them out. At that point, I was going to take pictures of everything as I did it, but my camera battery was dead. (Note to self, "you really need a second camera battery") I did get this one of the front of the notebook.


Then, I couldn't find my three-hole punch, so I used the one-hole. I laid the paper up next to the rings in the binder, and using a ruler to help me keep even, I marked three dots on the paper. Then I used the hole punch to punch out the dots. Then I put them in the binder. It was a perfect fit.

I went to the trash and pulled out the piece of self-adhesive dry erase paper, that I had just pulled of the wall, where it was not being used. I used it to cover the inside of the front of the notebook. I attached two of those removable wall-hanger thingys on the outside of the front of the notebook. I used a large clip and a peice of string to make a pen holder. Then I put the whole thing on the wall next to the chalkboard that I painted on the wall next to the phone.

A little later, I decided to go hunt a dry erase marker, which meant an expedition into Katherine's room. I found one, and wrote one of my favorite scriptures on the dry erase paper. Then I put the marker on top of the binder rings. I don't know if it will stay like that, but it's there for now

This evening, the battery was charged so I took these pictures.
What do you think?  The best part was that everything that went into it was stuff I already had.




Have a great evening!

See ya tomorrow!

Connie

3 comments:

  1. So clever! Definitely going to make one of these for my daughter, Jessie - she loves to have her own calendar she can write in! Thanks for the idea and inspiration, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete