Monday, January 20, 2014

Catch Up Monday: If You Wanna Hear God Laugh...

There was a line in a song from a few years back that said "If you wanna hear God laugh,  tell him your plans."

I don't think that God was laughing this weekend, but he did get my attention.

My plan on Saturday, was to bake some more bread, experiment with some bagels, help Kat with some home work, monitor her room cleaning progress, and start cleaning my office/workshop. Instead, I spent about 6 hours in the emergency room. By the time I got home, I wasn't up to doing anything else.

I had been in the kitchen, gathering ingredients for bread, when I experienced a shooting pain across my upper back. I would call it the mother of all muscle spasms. It REALLY hurt! Almost immediately, I was also drenched in sweat. I was pretty sure these were some of the signs for heart attack in women. After debating with myself for a few minutes, I decided safe was better than sorry, and I certainly didn't want my daughter to find me on the kitchen floor.

So I called her into the living room, where I could sit down, I told her that I didn't want her to freak out, but I was going to call 911 because I thought I might be having a heart attack. I handed her my cell phone, and told her to call Grandma (my mom) and tell her what was going on. I called 911 on the house phone.

My mom happened to be on the phone with my sister, who is a nurse, when Katherine called her. My sister was on her way home from work and had just passed the road to my house. She turned around and came back. She asked me if I had any numbness, and I realized that I did have some in my tongue and lips.

Shortly after she arrived, the ambulance came, and the decision was made to take me to the ER. Almost six hours later, after an EKG, chest x-ray, CT scan, urinalysis and blood work, they decided I have pleurisy. That makes absolutely no sense to me, since I don't even have a cold, but ok, whatever. They gave me two scripts for pain/inflammation and told to follow up with my doctor. I'll see him on Thursday. I'll let you know what he says.

Needless to say, I haven't done any baking yet. Maybe tomorrow.

See Ya then,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment