Monday, January 13, 2014

Catch Up Monday: January Thaw


Since I try to keep my weekend as a time for family and worship, I'll be using Monday to catch up with you. It will also be the place where I share random thoughts and ideas that pop into my head. My only problem may be remembering that thing I thought about on Saturday that I really wanted to share with you today.

After the last few weeks of colder than normal temperatures, we are experiencing some wonderful weather. Saturday the thermometer reached 60 degrees! Today the high is only supposed to reach into the forties, but even that is a blessing after days of single digit temperatures and sub-zero wind chills. Of course, this is January, and it is Missouri, so we will be back in the deep freeze eventually, but its nice not to have to be concerned about protecting water pipes for a few days.

Ed got his truck back Friday, but now it wont start. Looks like its either the battery or alternator. We both kind of feel that this is a spiritual attack and aren't letting it get to us. Things happen. The Lord will meet our needs, one way or the other. He always does.

We are starting a few new groups at church, and seeing the enthusiasm from both you and old is so exciting. I'll share more about that as we get into it.

I'm still working on getting the house back in order after Christmas. The way things have been going, I'll be thankful if all the Christmas things are put away before Easter! Katherine's room seems to stay a disaster, but as long as there aren't science experiments growing in there, I usually choose bigger battles, like homework, to fight. This weekend I did get the kitchen, bathroom, and our bedroom set to rights. This morning I baked some honey whole wheat bread. I'll share some more about that on Friday.

Now, I just have the living room and this room. Of course, this is where I've stuck everything from the other rooms. I really need to get a handle on it, because I have some projects I want to work on, and I need room to work. There is barely room for me and the laptop in here now.  Think 5x8 room, with papers, books, craft supplies, grocery bags, and plastic sheeting, piled on top of, and wedged under,two desks, and already full shelves. Then add four cats to the equation. Yeah, its that bad.

Anyway, I do have some interesting stuff planned for this week.

See ya tomorrow,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment